Thursday, March 15, 2012

Peanut Butter & Jelly Yum Yum "Sushi" Rolls


 It is hard to be witty or creative when I am in a state of peanut butter and jelly induced bliss.     

I think we can all agree that a simple PB&J feeds a hungry tummy and the soul.  Yesterday I would have agreed  that there is no room for improvement.  But today for snits and giggles I made a "sushi" roll version. So as it turns out I was wrong there was room for improvement.

This is a great recipe for the little ones, your Peter Pan types and the silly at heart.  

All you need is peanut butter, jelly and a great sandwich bread.  I chose this Italian bread that is larger than regular sandwich bread. 

I chose strawberry jam after careful consideration.  My fridge is stocked with cherry, guava and Frutti di Bosco jams.  But I this recipe called for a classic. 

The peanut butter is creamy.  Do I really need to explain more?
 
 Spread onto your bread.  Leave 1/2"on the end without peanut butter or jelly.  When you roll peanut butter and jelly will "squish" out and you want a clean end.  

Now roll and voila you've got PB&J Yum Yum "Sushi" Rolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment